The McCalc Fusion Pressure Calculator is designed to help you quickly find the correct fusion pressure for your job.
To properly heat-fuse polyethylene pipe, the fusion pressure must be adjusted so the pipe manufacturers recommended interfacial pressure is achieved.
McCalc takes the guesswork out of HDPE and Polypropylene pipe fusion. By selecting your McElroy fusion machine and entering your pipe size and pressure requirements, the recommended theoretical gauge pressure may be calculated.
McCalc offers the following features:
- Easy selection of any of McElroys hydraulic fusion machines.
- Selection from nine different international standards for HDPE and Polypropylene pipe fusion.
- Pipe size entry in IPS, DIPS, O.D., or JIS units.
- Wall thickness entry using the pipes dimensional ratio or actual wall thickness.
- Interfacial pressure and drag pressure entry in units of psi, bar, kg/cm², or MPa.
- Multiple-language support including English, Spanish, and Portuguese.